New Video

I STAND STRAIGHT

By Esther Kung’u || Nairobi, Kenya
I stand straight before you and expose everything I have got to your mind.
I stand to educate you, to teach you the truth, to lie to you, to fill you with filth,
To challenge you, to create in you illusions about life.
I stand to hold you, to glue you to myself and whenever you want to engage in something, I will hold you back with a good lady, posing next to your favorite sports car, or a baby advert to your three-year old excited junior or worse, a magic product that promises what it cannot keep.
I stand to criticize your behavior and encourage it at the same time. I will travel the world in seconds and bring you the best of love and passion and the worst in war and death.
I stand before you to make you a potato lying on a couch. I stand straight before you and even when you know my behavior, my addictive nature, letting loose from me lacks lustre. You have given yourself over to me as I stand before you.
I stand before you to gossip about someone else, I stand to shake the world concerning another nation and even when I do not have all the facts, I will be confident as I stand before you. Straight I will stand before you.
I will lie to your face, looking straight to your eyes and whenever I blink or lose my mind,
You will always say, oohhh! No. I lost the signal.
I stand before you today as your set and will tell you something different than what I said yesterday. You know my untrustworthiness and you will still trust me.
I will destroy someone’s faith-family with a twisted mouth, I will not relent to take you to the clashes in your ethnic turfs. When you fight, kill and hate each other, I will not gasp, I will stand before you.
Before I leave this spot I am standing on, I want to stand before you one last moment to say, I am sorry.
I’m sorry for wounding your tribe with clashes,
I am sorry for crashing your hope with my lies,
I’m sorry I aired filth to kindergarten,
I’m sorry your wife expects you to behave the way I taught her to,
With soaps, seductions and sassy series of movies
For all that I’m sorry.
I’m sorry I made easy cash out of your illegally circumcised under aged girls,
I’m sorry when you cried injustice, I laughed all the way to the bank.
I’m sorry you saw your daughter in a compromising position that led to her death,
And when I was done putting her in pictures, words and music,
I left you to bear the pain.
I’m sorry I was not responsible enough to handle the truth about your clan,
I spattered your divorce, your broken home and exposed your weakness to the whole world to see, to mock and laugh at you for being the world tease.
I’m sorry I did all these and much more. Listen as I stand before you,
I will continue standing straight in your living room, your car, your street and whenever I get crazy, please shut me up with the mute or off knob.


#1 Video now