New Video

ENCOUNTERED GOD 2


Esther Kungu || Sept 18, 2012
His presence was all around me. I knew for certain that God dwells in me but this night, this very night, He was dwelling in the house of my praises.  Lying face down to the ground, (don’t mind the dirt and dust associated with every public hall, especially in Kenya) I started moving. My whole body surged to one direction. The front. My heart was clogged with so much power and presence of the King of kings, in that the only thing I could do was cry. Screaming in an overwhelming strength while I crawled…heading to a direction I barely had the slightest intention of doing. I was being pushed by an unknown strength, yet my body did not resist. I gave in to the drive on my body. I was now past the front and my hands were finding their way to the pulpit. I was following a Supreme Being, not to the stairs grafted on the right and left of the pulpit, but straight where the pastor’s preaching stand stood. Aware that everyone was looking at me (it is hard not to be human, especially when something extraordinaire is happening, it is hard maintaining that holy look) but even their eyes, the shame or awkwardness of crawling like a baby did not stop me. 


This was beyond me. He just made His presence manifest and all I did was surrender. I remember when it happened a year ago, I was ‘henging’ around the College CU Hall waiting for the time to fly by. All this time, I knew what salvation was since the gift of salvation was introduced to me by Auntie Alice (God rest her soul) at a young age. I backslid when I allowed my ears to listen to the father of lies. Like many people who have the spirit of backsliding, I did not refuse church but I resisted His salvation. I wanted to enjoy life but all it did was make a fool out of me). Jesus, that afternoon had His before-creation plan laid out. I went to church, a grey above-the-knee- skirt, and a white navel gazer with a blue corset on me. ( may the Lord have mercy to every woman you see indecently dressed in your life. If anything, pray a simple prayer for them. Remember this, God clothed Adam and Eve when they sinned and were driven out of Eden. You can have a clean idea of who is unclothing, uncovering and stripping women of their clothes coz, it aint God. Oh, you just thought it was a spiritual covering? Sorry dear even the physical matters to God). Then when the pastor, under the power of the Most High God, called on the Holy Spirit to fall upon the congregation, I stood and stared. I was out of words and tired of raising them hands (the devil is a liar). I hear people say they do not pray those loooooong prayers. That they just say some words and look around for guys to finish up coz you have expressed everything there is to God. I asked a lot of queries while I impatiently waited (pun intended).  I mean what are they praying about. They are speaking in strange tongues and you cannot understand! (I tend to digress from my main theme, please bear with me).


The Holy Spirit came when we were about to close prayers. I raised my hands one more time and when I started praying, my heart started following a power around me. I was standing and within minutes, bent on the floor and bam! On the ground. From the backbench, (Pentecostal play-people hate the front whenever Jesus is the topic. I hate the devil even the more. I despise him) I screamed in pain as I rushed to the pulpit. Let me tell you, in my right mind (or my worldly wisdom which God calls foolishness) I never dreamed of making myself a public spectacle. I do not like the limelight especially when I am causing the drama, jeez!) God pulled me to Himself, literally. He professed His love for me 2000 years ago and that day, I was His centre of attention. My wedding proposal with Christ and the wedding were a painful yet peaceful and fulfilling session to this day. It does not matter what happens, I cannot get enough of Him yet, He satisfies me. While I writhed in pain a year ago, when He pulled me out of darkness, this time round, I was soaked for Him. Back to City Hall, past midnight, into the morning. 


Before I knew it, I was seated on the pulpit crying my heart out saying, “He is here”! “He is here”! The joy of the Spirit of God took over me, His peace overwhelmed me and I settled at His feet. I will state this; God can appear to you in so many ways, varied ways. It can be the overwhelming strength that shook my body to the core or a very peaceful encounter, whatever it is; this is your walk with Him. The walk to heaven will never be easy. That night I understood that I have to wait on God. It is His glory not our own, it is His praise not ours. While you raised up your hands and hearts directed to heaven this morning, know that the Lord who made you heard you. God is not shaken by anything we face. His dictionary (if there is, so that you don’t throw queries to my directions, Esther said God has a dictionary…outrageous!) He does not have the words “Haiya, oops, what happened?”God is not surprised by anything in this passing world and fleeting livelihood. I saw Him come when I called on Him, that night. I know that He lives. God lives and He is the great Judge we shall answer to on that day. I know you have heard this a zillion times (that is the highest figure right?) but as the world is coming to an end soon, so is Jesus coming but this time for His church. Be wise, be very ready.
Courtesy of the City Hall Kesha (Overnight prayers).
Christian articles, event updates, quotes, spoken word and other hot stuff, check out my wall by searching Esther Kung’u (Hadassah) on Face book. Let us grow in this experience together.

#1 Video now